Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Virtual Vacation to New York



I've always wanted to go to New York, and I'll get there one day. Right now I just plan and research on places I want to visit. I want my trip to be full of excitement, glamour and glitz. One of these days I'll get there but until then I like to plan my "Virtual" trip to my favorite places.

The funn starts -----
My dream accommodations will be at the City Club Hotel. The hotel was once a private political club but was renovated to a small luxury nine-story 65-room hotel. The rooms are decorated in brown, beige and pale blue. It's full of modern, vibrant and luxurious accommodations .
http://www.cityclubhotel.com/


The restaurant inside the Hotel is DB Bistro Moderne where they serve the "DB Burger" . The $29.00 burger is a Sirloin Burger filled with Braised Short Ribs and Black Truffle, ( black truffle is the fruiting body of the fungus Tuber melanosporum.) The burger is served on a Parmesan Bun with Pommes Fries. ( Pommes Frites are premium fresh fried potatoes, crunchy on the outside, and soft inside)



I love Love Love chocolate so my next stop would be

The NY Chocolate Show at the Metropolitan Pavilion & Altman . http://www.chocolateshow.com/index2.php


Imagine chocolate combined with a four-day feast for your tongue and eyes. Part exhibition, part tasting and part performance art. You can be a part of the culinary demonstrations by top pastry chefs , oh and the the Chocolate Fashion Show, where clothing designers pair up with local confectioners to create cocoa couture. Yummy FUNN !!!

Oh Oh and I'd have to go see The Color Purple, Oprah Winfrey's new musical based on Alice Walker's classic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Color Purple. The story of hope, healing power , love and a celebration of life Fantasia plays Celie and the reviews are outstanding . She can act and sing... http://www.colorpurple.com/

Last but certainly not least, If you know me, you know my love of wine.. this event is another must !!http://www.wineraveusa.com/nyc/

I hear it's the most entertaining & educational wine tasting event ever held in the New York area. " Chardonnay Please !"

So .. When am I going to New York ?
Hmmmmmmmm

0 comments: